Northside Friends Meeting First Day (Sunday) Childcare Job Description
Duties Each First Day:
- Arrive by 9:45am to set up in childcare room & greet children as they arrive.
- Bring out the toy box for infants & preschoolers and the crafts supplies for older children.
- Do a Safety Check:
- Look for small items that are easy to swallow, remove to wastebasket
- Check floor for sharp objects like staples, pins or tacks. Look out for anything babies might put in their mouths that may not be good for them and remove it.
- Be ready for children when they arrive; or you are welcome to join us in worship for the first ten minutes.
- Children will spend the first 10 minutes in worship with their parents. A parent, other adult or you will bring them to the childcare room after this time.
- Someone will come to get you around 11:00am for introductions and announcements at the end of Meeting.
- Clean Up: Please wait until after announcements to put things away. Put toys and books in their bins & put away. Clean up art projects & put away supplies. (It is recommended that older children help with clean-up)
- Typically, the job will run no later than 11:30. Keep track of your time. Round up or down to the nearest 15 minutes.
- Pay is $20/25/hour based upon experience.
- The childcare person is paid monthly. A weekly time sheet will be provided.
· A child-centered individual
· Capable of handling conflict in an equitable and peaceful manner
· Experience with children of mixed ages 0-12